“I entered my cell phone number, but have not received a validation code back”
- This indicates a blocked or restricted texting plan from your mobile carrier.
- Please contact your carrier to request that texts be permitted from RainedOut’s phone number (84483).
- You may be wondering “Why can I get texts from other people, but not RainedOut?”
- The answer is because not all text plans, even “unlimited” plans, include all types of text services.
- There are two types of text messaging:
1. Mobile-to-mobile (sending a text message from one phone to another)
2. Mobile terminated messages (a non-cellphone to a cell phone)
- “Mobile terminated” text messaging includes any/all services that send from short codes. (Short form phone numbers used for texting.) RainedOut sends texts from the phone number 84483.
- In some cases, your carrier may be able to assist you. Try texting HELP to 84483. Your carrier may respond with an error or helpful message.
- You’ll need to contact your carrier and request this type of message or ask for assistance in troubleshooting this short code.
“I entered my email address, but am not receiving a verification code, any alerts OR getting old ones from a previous soccer club I was signed up for”
- Your email address may still be signed up for your old club.
- Contact email@example.com and they will research where your email address is associated with and fix the problem