Every year, FKK families welcome soccer students/players from Denmark. They come over for a two week visit and stay with host families to truly expreince the American culture. FKK is in need of 11 more families to host. It is highly rewarding for all ages of your family. And if you know any neighbors or family that would be interested, please let them know! They do not have to be a"soccer family" to host 🙂
For more information and details, please contact:
Peggy Jarman, 407-761-5164
EVN will be returning with a new group of students in just a few months and they are looking forward to their Florida visit and staying with host families. Student meet and greet/pick-up will be at 6:30pm on Friday, February 27th and they depart Monday, March 9 in the morning. We are also looking for additional families to host this year. Please forward this email to families who might be interested or have them contact Peggy Jarman. The daily routine will be similar to previous yearsb but for those of you that haven’t hosted below are a few key items.
- School is located in Nyborg, Denmark
- Stay dates February 27 – March 9, 2015
- Students speak English
- The boys and girls range in age from 15 – 17
- Students will have activities during the weekdays. Breakfast is with the host families and a few dinners, depending on their activities. On the weekends EVN does not have a schedule so consider them to be a part of your family and include them in family meals, trips , or anything you have planned.
- Students do not require a room of their own. A trundle bed, air mattress in a host family child’s room or spare room is fine.
- We would like to keep the students in pairs if possible.
- If there is a night or evening when the host family would not be available, alternatives would be provided (i.e. we have one family who is going on vacation for the last night of the stay).
- Host families would drop EVN student off Monday - Friday at a mutual agreeable location at approximately 7:00 – 7:45am and pick them up at the end of their day at the same location or families are welcome to pick them up from their activity location.
- Students have their own spending money
- Students look forward to staying with host families to learn more about our culture and improve their English
PHOTOS FROM PAST VISITS: